Webinar: Adult transgender patient care
Mon Sep 18 2023
In this webinar, Rona Carroll and Jennifer Shields cover the latest in healthcare for Aotearoa’s trans and non-binary community.
Jennifer will cover:
- Key statistics around Aotearoa’s trans and non-binary community, our healthcare needs, and barriers to accessing care.
- Protective factors for the health and wellbeing of trans and non-binary people.
- Language and terms relating to the LGBTQIA+ community - and what to do/how to ask when someone uses terms or pronouns that are new to you.
- Practical tips for allyship and things attendees can put into practice to build more welcoming and accessible healthcare environments for your trans and non-binary patients.
Rona will overview:
- What is gender affirming healthcare and what is available in Aotearoa?
- How to support your trans and non-binary patients’ healthcare needs.
- Tips for repeat prescribing of gender affirming hormone therapy (GAHT).
- An update on primary care-led GAHT initiation.